#BakeAdifference Cancer Survivors Day Fundraiser
Together We Can ‘Bake A Difference’
Cupcakes of HOPE is a community-driven cause that aims to raise awareness around childhood cancer and raise funds for children with life threatening diseases. The concept is simple, bake cupcakes or cookies, ask your family, friends and colleagues to donate R10-R20 for a sweet treat and help us ‘Bake A Difference’ in the lives of children in need, it’s so rewarding and so much fun.
Cupcakes Of Hope fundraisers are hosted by volunteers throughout the year in a wide variety of formats. The funds raised enables us to assist about 100 children every month by paying for their medical or day-to-day expenses, this is by far the SWEETEST way to help save a life.
Thank you to all our amazing volunteers, bakers and sponsors for all your LOVE and SUPPORT … It’s because of YOU that we are able to continue to do what we do! THANK YOU!
Covid19 has been very hard for everyone, even more so for families with children in hospitals. We are so grateful that even during these difficult times we have been able to deliver over 1 000 care bags to 19 Pediatric Oncology Wards across South Africa. These care bags had masks, sanitizers and activity packs to keep the kids entertained.
During the peak of the pandemic we saw the needs of our oncology families grow and in July 2020 we assisted 131 brave little patients.
Unfortunately due to Covid19 we know things are uncertain at the moment, but if you are blessed to be in a situation to bake and help raise funds, please join our Cupcake Angel Team and help make a difference. Any recipe can be followed as long as you remember to add the secret ingredient, it has to be baked with LOVE.
Cancer Survivors Day
Sunday the 6th of June is Cancer Survivors Day and we are inviting all our Cupcake Angels to celebrate your cancer Heroes by hosting an awareness and fundraiser in their honour.
With this event we want to give HOPE to the newly diagnosed, SUPPORT those who are currently on treatment and CELEBRATE those who have beaten cancer.
Help us create awareness AND raise funds for Children with Cancer by following these steps:
- Step 1: Pledge to bake 24/48 Cupcakes and help raise funds for children with cancer.
- Step 2: Register your fundraiser here below
- Step 3: Bake your delicious cupcakes and ask friends to make a R10/R20 donation per cupcake. You can also host a Mini Pop Up at your work, neighborhood or child’s school and help spread Cupcake Love across South Africa.
- Step 4: Transfer funds into Cupcakes of HOPE bank account
You can celebrate as many cancer heroes as you want.
You can also choose any one of our little cancer patients as your cancer hero.
These fundraisers can be hosted at any time but here are a few dates
that you can #BakeADifference and join in the fun:
- 7 May – World Cake Day
- 9 May – Mother’s Day
- 11 May – Eat Whatever you want Day
- 12 May – International Nurses Day
- 1 June – International Children’s Day
- 6 June – International Cancer Survivors Day
- 20 June – Father’s Day
- 7 July – World Chocolate Day
- 18 July – Mandela Day
- 21 July – World Lamington Day
- 9 August – Women’s Day
- September – Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- 31 October – SuperHero Day
Thank you for joining our Cupcake Angel Team.
God bless and please stay safe.
Sandy, Lucy, Rochelle, Stephanie and Lori