This genius frosting recipe is easy to whip up and tastes delicious too! Turn it into virtually any flavour by adding cocoa powder, peanut butter, caramel, fruit puree or flavour extracts.
250g unsalted butter, softened
1 x 396g tin sweetened condensed milk
- In a bowl of a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip butter until it has tripled in volume and is light and fluffy (approximately 8 minutes) then stop to scrape the bottom of the bowl a few times.
- Add one third of the sweetened condensed milk while mixing on medium speed.
- Whip for about 8-10 seconds then, stop and scrape down the bowl.
- Repeat for the next third of the sweetened condensed milk and the final third.
- Stop mixing 8 seconds after adding the final third. Do not overmix.
- Store at room temperature until ready to use.