Parties Of Hope For International Childhood Cancer Awareness day.
Together We Can Bake A Difference!
Cupcakes Of Hope – Parties of Hope are community-driven events that aim to raise awareness around childhood cancer and raise funds for children with life threatening diseases. The concept is simple, bake cupcakes and ask your community to donate R10 for each one. Cupcakes Of Hope Parties are hosted by volunteers throughout the year in a wide variety of formats. The funds raised enables Cupcakes of Hope to assist about 70 children every month by paying for their medical or day-to-day expenses, this is by far the SWEETEST way to help save a life.
Get your children, friends and family involved. Remember 15 February is International Childhood Cancer Awareness Day. This would be a great time to host your party and help us kick off our 2020 fund-raising drives. February 15 is marked throughout the world to increase understanding of the issues and challenges faced by children suffering from cancer and those that have survived.
The following are dates that we have set out each year. We often find Cupcake Angels want a specific reason to host a Party of Hope and these will work well
- 4 February: World Cancer Day
- 15 February: International Childhood Cancer Awareness Day
- 1 April: Caps 4 Cancer (April Fools)
- 5 June: Cancer Survivors Day
- 18 July: Madiba Day
- 1 September: International Cupcake for Breakfast Day
- Whole of September: Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- 31 October: Superheroes 4 Cancer
You can also choose a date that has special meaning to you. Mother’s day, father’s day, a birthday, a rememberance party, the list is endless
When you register for a Cupcakes Of Hope Party we send you the following for you to make the day special:
- Leaflets with the Early Cancer Warning Signs
- Badges to wear on the day
- Cupcake baking cups with our logo on
- Balloons with our logo on
But don’t be limited by what we send! You can really make it a special day but adding your own touch!
We have a few schools which have already registered with us and here are some of their ideas:
- Getting the older scholars to bake and decorate 12 cupcakes each, these will then be sold during break for R5 or R10 each
- Extra Cupcakes can be baked and then taken to an orphanage/old age home after school
- Nursery schools can host a “Cupcake Decorating Class” on that day, each child gets an un-iced cupcake and they can then decorate it with icing and different toppings (smarties, jelly tots, little chocolate hearts)
“Your Party… Your Rules!”
Remember this is not so much about fundraising but about educating others about the Cancer Early Warning Signs, so the only requirement is that either an email or leaflet gets sent out to all the parents or co-workers. We also now have the Early Warning Signs in 20 different languages available here. So please feel free to download, print and share…
Keep in mind, that even though our charity’s colour scheme is pink and purple, that Childhood Cancer is represented by GOLD! So if you intend to distribute ribbons or something like that, please make them gold (as to not confuse anyone with pink representing breast cancer!)